Contact Lens

Hi everyone! How was it going on?

As a background, I have myopia since the fifth grade of elementary school. So, I need to wear glasses every day, every time, wherever I go except go to sleep and shower. Recently, I interested in wearing the contact lens. So, based on my experience, I wanna share with you how to make/buy the contact lens in Japan.

Honestly, It's my first time to wear the contact lens. To buy the contact lens in Japan, we should have a contact lens prescription before we go to the contact lens shop and order it. So, I went to the ophthalmologist near home (of course in Japanese language only), and they refused me (so sad!) because of my language skills. So the next day, I tried to find the ophthalmologist who available to speak in English. I got it! At first, you need to fill some questionnaires (just a simple one) and show your health insurance. Then they will call your name and start the examination.

The first examination is to measure the degree of myopic and eye pressure using keratometer. After we get the result from keratometer, they will check our viewability manually based on the keratometer result. The eye pressure result is to decide which contact lens is better for us. In my case, I have dry eyes, so they recommend me to use some product that has high moisturizer.  After decided which lens, they will put the contact lens in our eyes and take the second examination using the contact lens. Next, the doctor will see us and check our eyes more intensely. After everything is ok, we start to learn how to put and take the lens by our self. I tried it twice! For the last, we waiting for the contact lens prescription and finish.

In Japan, every ophthalmologist has the contact lens shop in the next door. So, you can directly buy your contact lens. Just give the prescription, and you will get the contact lens that you want.

That's all my experience. I hope this article can help you!

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Pertemuan

What's Wrong With My Name?

Merantau (Part 1)